Monday, August 21, 2006

Listen

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry James 1:19

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27

"Christians (especially ministers) so often think they must contribute something when they are in the company of others… that this is the one service they have to render. They forget that listening can be a greater service than speaking." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"We pay attention only long enough to develop a counter-argument; we listen with an agenda, to sell or petition or seduce. Seldom is there a deep, open-hearted, unjudging reception of the other. By contrast, if someone truly listens to me, my spirit begins to expand." Mary Rose O'Reilley

This Wednesday as we fast we are praying about listening. I don't think I can really add much to what's been said above.

Have a great week and a great fast.
Your brother,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment