Monday, May 1, 2006

Bennett driving - part 2

When Bennett first started driving, we spent several weeks only making right-hand turns. It's amazing how you can get almost anywhere with only right-hand turns. It's not terribly efficient however. Shortly after graduating to mixing in a few left-hand turns, Bennett was forced to start doing some lane changes. The easiest way to explain the problem with the lane change is that whichever way his head is looking, that seems to be the way the wheel wants to turn. In other words, as he looks over in the left lane to check his blind spot, he starts drifting over into the left lane. I can remember that I used to do the same thing when I first started driving. The day I got my license, I almost ran off the road as I looked over and waived at some friends that I was driving past.

The point is, we move toward whatever we focus on. This week we are praying that our focus is Christ. As we walk the narrow path, he has to be our focus… Our center… Integral to every part of our lives... Not just an add-on. Luke 9:57-62 talks about the cost of following Jesus. At the end of this passage, Jesus says "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God." Let's pray that we learn to keep our eyes on Christ - Always.

Have a great week and a great fast.
Your brother,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment