Monday, March 20, 2006

Opportunities

Think about all the conversations you have in a week's time. Are there frequent opportunities to talk about faith? Do you act on all the opportunities? Occasionally I'm talking to a person… the conversation leads down a path where faith would be an appropriate discussion… and yet I let it pass by… and usually kick myself later. One example happened when I was traveling to Florida a few weeks back. On my way to the airport, I was listening to a discussion on how to witness to Jehovah's Witnesses. I got to the airport in plenty of time and got through the ticket counter very quickly. Then, as I was walking to security, you guessed it, there were 2 women handing out "Watchtower" pamphlets (that's the periodic circular for the Jehovah's Witnesses). Instead of stopping, I walked on by under the rationalization that I didn't know how long security would take. While I waited for the plane (for about an hour), I kept thinking about the opportunity that I let slip by.

This Wednesday we are praying about the opportunities that God puts in front of us. We are praying that we don't pass up these opportunities to love others the way God loves us. And we are praying that when we do miss opportunities, that we would learn from it and be more inclined to recognize the next opportunity. I want to be quick to respond when I hear that small voice saying "say something".

Have a great week and a great fast.
Your brother,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment