Monday, February 6, 2006

New believers

Bennett (my oldest) started driving school this past week. Perhaps you have kids old enough that you know what this parenting experience is like. I had the usual concerns before he started taking the class but now that I've driven with him for a few hours, I have to say I'm even more concerned. The thing that is amazing to me is how much he doesn't know about driving. Or perhaps it's amazing how much there is to know about driving. Fortunately, he has a healthy respect for the responsibility. He is cautious and eager to practice and learn all the things he doesn't know.

This week we are praying for those who have just recently been saved. Just like we wouldn't expect a new driver to just go out and wing-it without experienced instruction, we shouldn't expect a new believer to go out and wing a relationship with Christ. Let's pray this Wednesday for this vulnerable time. Let's pray that mentors step up and help lead them into a relationship with Christ.

Have a great week and a great fast.
Your brother,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment