Monday, January 9, 2006

The real deal

The Rio Grande flows right through the middle of Albuquerque. People who've never seen the Rio Grande assume that the river is big simply based on the name. However, the name is deceiving. The reality is that the Rio Grande is no bigger than a big stream back in Pennsylvania. In short, the reality doesn't live up to the label.

As Christians, we wear the label "Child of God". This Wednesday, we are praying that our reality lives up to this label. We are praying that we are indeed walking the talk.

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." James 1:22

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

A couple questions to think about this week:
1. Am I seeking Him… Seeking His will… Seeking His ways? Or am I doing my own thing and hoping God's will matches up with my will?
2. Would a complete stranger suspect that I'm a Christian after spending a short time with me? Would they see love, mercy, faith, compassion, peace, etc.?
3. Am I the same person outside of church as I am in church? Or do I let the world's ways creep in and crowd out God.

Have a great week and a great fast.
Your brother,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment